Best Boss Day 2018 Gifts: National Bosses Day is an occasion that allows employees to recognize their managers, supervisors, and employers for encouragement, guidance, and leadership throughout the year. Your boss or manager sets the tone for the entire workplace. Heading up an office or company is often a thankless job. Bosses are in charge of budgeting, human resources and implementing policies & strategies. And they are expected to do all that while continuing to boost morale and fearlessly lead.
While it is not mandatory to give your boss a gift, a gesture of appreciation lets your workplace leader know that their hard work isn’t overlooked. Treating your boss to lunch, chipping in for a gift card or whipping up a batch of homemade cookies are nice, but rather boring, ideas. A personalized boss day gift, however, one that is beautifully made and permanent, is a more unique way to let your boss know that he or she is appreciated.
Etched crystal plaques and awards are unique and elegant. They can be personalized to look exactly as you envision. Deep etch engraving will let you say exactly what you wish to communicate. Your boss will proudly display the award for years to come, thanks to its fine craftsmanship and meticulous engraving. When it comes time to praise the boss who leads the way at your place of business, the personalized crystal boss day gift speaks volumes.
Best Boss Day Gifts
- Great and Cool Boss’s Day Gifts
- Last Minute Bosses Day Gifts
- 25 Boss’s Day Gifts Ideas for Her Or Him
- Cheap Boss’s day Gifts
History and Facts About National Boss’s Day
- “Boss” comes from the Dutch word “baas” (meaning “a master”), a standard title for a ship’s captain.
- The first time the word “boss” was used in English was in 1625.
- National Boss’s Day was started in 1958 when Patricia Bays Haroski registered the holiday to honor her father who was also her boss. She chose his birthday as the date.
- National Boss’s Day is celebrated on October 16, or the nearest working day.
- National Boss’s Day was backed by Illinois Governor Otto Kerner who officially proclaimed the day in 1962.
- Hallmark started to sell Boss’s Day cards from 1979.
- National Boss’s Day has become an international celebration in recent years and now is observed in countries such as England, Australia, and South Africa.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics research indicates that about one in five full-time workers has some level of supervisory responsibility for other employees, and about 12 percent of all full-time workers are directly responsible for managing other employees.
- Workplace surveys confirm that one of the most important elements of job satisfaction is a positive relationship between a supervisor and employee.
You May Also Like: